areppim: information, pure and simple
- Water Use and Water Production
- Water use:
[ total water use = agricultural water use + domestic water use + industrial water use ]
- Water usage does not include in situ non consumptive uses of water like in mining, fisheries, energy, navigation and the environment.
- 'Water use' and 'water withdrawal' are used as synonyms, although, if non-conventional waters are used, withdrawal will be lower than water use.
- Water demands are met by water production.
- Water production:
- renewable: withdrawals from surface water (rivers, lakes, reservoirs) and from groundwater (aquifers recharged by precipitation);
- non-renewable: withdrawals from deep aquifers that have a negligible rate of recharge on the human time-scale, or withdrawals of "fossil" water (ancient and deep non-rechargeable aquifers);
- non-conventional: desalination, waste water treatment.