Glossary of terms
You are here:
areppim > Glossary of terms >
- Railway traffic
- Railway traffic comprises any movement of a railway vehicle on lines in operation:
- domestic and international traffic,
- all railway lines within the country.
- The folowing are excluded from railway traffic statistics:
- railways exclusively urban,
- railroad trains with limited scope, e.g. a farm, forest, mine or industrial plant, funiculars.
- goods and personnel carried without generating revenue, e.g. for administrative, government or military purposes.