Glossary of terms
You are here:
areppim > Glossary of terms >
Theoretical weight of infants
- Theoretical weight of infants
- Theoretical weight of infants is given by the formula:
[ infant weight = weight at birth + ( a × age in months ) ]
- For a = 600 grams during the first 6 months of life; 500 grams during the following 6 months.
- [Reference: T. Salmi, in Franconi & Walgren, Ed. Lehrbuch der Pädiatrie, 6e. éd., Bâle, 1961. Quoted in Documenta Geigy Tables Scientifiques]
- Calculate the expected infant's weight with areppim's Infant Growth Calculator.