Glossary of terms
You are here:
areppim > Glossary of terms >
- Land with a tree cover of more than 10% and area of more than 0.5 ha. Forests are determined both by the presence of trees and the absence of other predominant land uses. The trees should be able to reach a minimum height of 5 m.
- forests for purposes of production, protection, multiple use or conservation, i.e. forest in national parks, nature reserves and other protected areas,
- forest stands on agricultural lands, e.g. windbreaks and shelterbelts of trees with a width of more than 20 m,
- rubber wood plantations,
- cork oak stands.
- stands of trees established primarily for agricultural production, for example fruit tree plantations,
- trees planted in agro forestry systems.
- (FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization)