Glossary of terms
You are here:
areppim > Glossary of terms >
Energy consumption, imports, exports
- Energy consumption, imports and exports
- Consumption: refers to "apparent" consumption of commercial energy, i.e. energy sold in the market.
- Exports imports: refer to the amounts of energy transferred to and from the country concerned.
- The relationship between consumption, imports and exports, and energy production is given by the equation:
[ consumption = production + imports - exports - bunkers ± stock changes ]
- Energy types comprise:
- solid fuels,
- liquid fuels,
- gaseous fuels,
- uranium production and steam and hot water,
- renewable forms of energy (wind, water and solar technologies),
- traditional forms of energy (fuelwood, charcoal, bagasse, vegetal waste, animal waste, other waste, draft animal power).