Glossary of terms
You are here:
areppim > Glossary of terms >
- Employed, employment
- The employed comprise all persons of working age who during a specified brief period, such as one week or one day, were in the following categories :
- Paid employment : whether at work or with a job but not at work.
- Self-employment : whether at work or with an enterprise (which may be a business enterprise, a farm or a service undertaking) but not at work.
- The employment-to-population ratio (EPR) is calculated as the number of persons who are employed during a given reference period as a percent of the total of working age population in the same reference period.
- (Key Indicators of the labor Market, 5th Edition. Geneva, ILO, 2007)