Glossary of terms
You are here:
areppim > Glossary of terms >
- Active population
- Economically active population or labor force comprises:
- all persons who supply labor for the production of economic goods and services, during a specified time reference period;
- economic goods and services include all production and processing of primary products whether for the market, for barter, or for own consumption.
- The active population equals the sum of the employed and the unemployed. The remainder of the population is the number of persons not in the labor force, i.e. all persons not classified either as employed or as unemployed. These are identified as not economically active population.
- (United Nations SNA system of national accounts)